Desert Oasis Healthcare (DOHC) provides medical care and wellness services to patients in the Coachella Valley and surrounding desert communities of Riverside and San Bernardino counties in California.
Structure of the Organization
DOHC serves over 60,000 members/patients. The organization contracts with:
- A network of over 100 primary care providers
- Over 200 specialists
- Hospitals, diagnostic centers, and other health care systems
- Home health care
- Family hospice providers
- Palliative care providers
- Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs), including Heritage California ACO
DOHC’s network of primary care and specialty providers is comprised of members of an Independent Physician Association (IPA) and our medical group. These are legal entities organized and directed by physicians in private or group practices.
Make the Most of Your Insurance Plan
DOHC contracts with health care plans (Medicare, Medicare Advantage, and private health plans) so patients can access the wide network of providers and services available through DOHC.
Explore Our Organization
Learn more about DOHC, our commitment to improving lives, and the policies that protect the rights of our patients:
Heritage Provider Network (HPN)
In 1979, Dr. Merkin founded the predecessor to Heritage Provider Network (HPN), which currently serves nearly 700,000 individuals in California, making it one of the largest IPA’s in the United States. DOHC is a member of Heritage Provider Network (HPN), and was formed in 1981 as Desert Medical Group. It merged with Oasis Independent Physician Association in 2006 to form DOHC.
HPN is a limited Knox-Keene licensed organization in California that provides affordable quality care to its members, offering innovative programs and services designed specifically for the managed care environment.
Preventive Health Services
HPN’s preventive health care services include:
- Assessment of internal and external statistical data and surveys to monitor compliance with medical policies, procedures, and standards
- Employer-based health education, vaccinations, and fitness programs
- Programs to review utilization, quality assurance compliance, medical risk management, and patient issues and concerns