Nondiscrimination & Accessibility Notices
Nondiscrimination and Accessibility Notice: Section 1557 of the Affordable Care Act
Desert Oasis Healthcare (DOHC) complies with applicable federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, or sex. DOHC does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, or sex.
Communication & Translation Services
DOHC provides aids and services at no cost to people with disabilities to communicate effectively with us. These aids include:
- Qualified sign language interpreters
- Written information in other formats, such as large print, audio, and accessible electronic formats
To people whose primary language is not English, DOHC provides free language services, such as:
- Qualified interpreters
- Information written in other languages
If you need these services, contact our Customer Service Department at 760-320-5134. Text telephone (TTY) users dial 711.
File a Grievance
If you believe that DOHC has failed to provide these services or discriminated in another way on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex, you can file a grievance by mail or email.
Contact the Desert Oasis Healthcare Compliance Officer/Privacy Officer at:
275 N. El Cielo Rd., Ste. D410
Palm Springs, CA 92262
Phone: 760-320-4122, TTY 711
You can also file a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights:
- Electronically through the Office for Civil Rights Complaint Portal
- By mail to U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, 200 Independence Avenue, SW Room 509 F, HHH Building, Washington, D.C. 20201
- By phone at 800-368-1019
- TTY at 800-537-7697
Complaints must be filed within 180 days of the alleged discrimination.