To gain insight into your health, your Desert Oasis Healthcare (DOHC) doctor may ask you to have a lab test at a LabCorp facility close to you.
Testing Facilities Near You
DOHC partners with LabCorp for diagnostic testing services. This means, as a DOHC member, you have access to the full range of tests LabCorp offers, and your DOHC care team will receive your test results and help you plan any needed treatments.
The type of test your doctor recommends depends on your health concerns and other factors.
Common Blood Tests
Your provider may take a blood sample for:
- Complete blood count (CBC), which can help determine your overall health and screen for certain conditions
- Hemoglobin A1C test to detect or monitor diabetes
- Lipid panel to measure your cholesterol and triglyceride levels and check your heart health
- Liver panel to see how well the liver works
- Metabolic panel to measure blood sugar levels, fluid balance, and your kidney and liver health
- Thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH) test to find out how well the thyroid gland works
Diagnostic Tests for Health Conditions
If you have symptoms of a disease, certain tests can diagnose or rule out the condition. LabCorp offers tests to looks for signs of conditions such as:
- Certain cancers, like leukemia
- Heart disease
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
Infection & Illness Tests
Your doctor may test a sample of your blood, urine, or other substance to diagnose:
- Influenza (flu)
- Sexually transmitted infections (STIs), like chlamydia, herpes, and gonorrhea
You may give a sample of your urine to:
- Confirm pregnancy
- Diagnose an infection, such as a urinary tract infection (UTI)
- Look for signs of kidney or liver problems
- Monitor diabetes
Before Your Test
Ask your scheduler how to get ready for your test. You may need to follow certain instructions about what you eat or drink or the medications you take.
Bring your order form, current insurance card, and a photo ID to your appointment. Depending on what your insurance covers, you may also need to bring a form of payment.
Trust the trained staff at LabCorp to help you feel comfortable and safely do your test.
Your Test Results
LabCorp will analyze your results. Talk to your providers about when and how you should expect your results and what the results mean.