Learn how to safely take your medications when you take part in the PHARxM™ Population Health and Prescription Management programs at Desert Oasis Healthcare (DOHC).
Is PHARxM™ Right for Me?
You may benefit from this program if you:
- Have one or more chronic conditions, such as diabetes, heart failure, high blood pressure, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), asthma, hepatitis C or if you are on an anticoagulant
- Have trouble remembering how or when to take your medications
- Take multiple medications
What to Expect
Benefit from consultations with a clinical pharmacist where you can ask questions and learn about the medications you take. For your first appointment, bring:
- All of the prescription drugs and over-the-counter medicines, supplements, and vitamins you take
- Information about your medical history, medications you’ve taken in the past, and current health conditions
- A list of any questions or concerns you have about your medications
Rely on your PHARxM™ team to:
- Develop a schedule of when and how to take your medications
- Explain why you take each medicine and how it works
- Help you understand if you need to avoid certain foods, over-the-counter products, or alcohol while taking your medications
- Manage prescription refills
- Recommend certain lab tests to see if your medications are working well
- Talk about potential side effects
Help to Pay for Medications
Look to our staff to find ways to reduce your monthly cost of medications. For example, we may reach out to manufacturers for coupons, or change the brand to a more affordable option.
High-Tech Health Tracking
Depending on your health needs, your provider may recommend a device or app that can make it easier to manage the medications you take and keep your medical team informed about your health.
Diabetes Management Tool
Get information and guidance to manage your blood sugar, blood pressure, and lipid goals with Rimidi Diabetes™. This cloud-based software for your glucometer (blood sugar testing device), blood pressure and scale helps you and your doctor manage your condition over time and adjust your treatment as needed.
Inhaler Sensors & Tracking
If you have asthma or COPD and you use an inhaler, you may benefit from using the Propeller Health sensor and mobile app. The sensor tracks how often you use your inhaler and sends information to you and your doctor so you can determine what triggers symptoms.
Your Care Team
You’ll be the focus of a multidisciplinary team of experts, including clinical pharmacists, nurse practitioners, registered nurses, and other providers. Rely on your PHARxM™ team to communicate with your primary care provider after each of your visits.