Turn to Desert Oasis Healthcare's PHARxM™ Population Health and Prescription Management team for high-quality diabetes care close to home.
Conditions We Treat
Look to DOHC to care for:
- Prediabetes, higher than normal blood sugar levels that could lead to type 2 diabetes
- Type 1 diabetes, when the pancreas does not make enough insulin, the hormone your body needs to make energy
- Type 2 diabetes, high blood sugar that happens when your body does not use insulin well
- Gestational diabetes, diabetes that happens during pregnancy. Care will occur in conjunction with your Obstetrician
Diabetes Management Program
Take part in our program to manage diabetes and prevent complications.
Diabetes Treatment Plan
Get complete care to prevent or manage diabetes. Your individualized care plan may include:
- Counseling, goal setting, and help to identify barriers that may make it hard to manage diabetes
- Glucose (blood sugar) monitoring to track your blood sugar levels
- Lifestyle changes, such as nutrition and exercise planning
- Management of other conditions you may have, such as high blood pressure or high cholesterol
- Medication help
- Social services
- Wound care to treat diabetic foot ulcers or wounds that won’t go away
You may order diabetic supplies, such as blood glucose meters, test strips, lancets and control solution by calling 760-320-8814 x1699. Please call 14 days in advance for your supplies. Allow 10 business days for delivery by mail. You may also pick up your supplies in Palm Springs, Indio and Yucca Valley. Please contact the diabetic supplies department for location directions and times of operation.