Look to Desert Oasis Healthcare (DOHC) for family-centered palliative care services at your home.
What’s Palliative Care?
Is Palliative Care Right for Me?
You or a loved one may benefit from palliative care if you have one or more serious illnesses. Palliative care can help you manage symptoms and improve your quality of life at any stage of an illness. You can choose to have palliative care while you receive other treatments to help cure or manage your condition.
Services We Offer
Your palliative care plan may include:
- Care coordination, including help with referrals, scheduling appointments, and Case Management
- Education about your health condition and treatment plan
- Emotional support for you and your loved ones
- Health assessments and monitoring
- Symptom control and assistance with pain management directed by your primary care provider and/or specialist
Palliative Care Team
Expect the best possible care that’s personalized to your needs. Your palliative care providers will work closely with your primary care provider and other specialists. You may also get care from:
- Nurse case manager – Coordinates the care you receive and provides skilled nursing care in your home
- Social workers – Offer emotional support and help you make choices about your treatment plan and assist with resources that may be available to you.
Rely on each member of your care team to treat you and your family with respect and compassion, listen to your concerns and answer your questions.