Build a long-term partnership with a Desert Oasis Healthcare (DOHC) primary care doctor while staying near your home.
What’s Primary Care?
Everyone should have a primary care provider, or PCP. Your PCP is your first choice for medical care and your point-of-entry into the health care system. Look to your PCP to:
- Advocate for your needs, answer your questions, and offer guidance and support
- Diagnose and manage chronic conditions, such as diabetes, high blood pressure, and heart problems
- Diagnose and treat illnesses and injuries, including common infections
- Monitor your health during regular checkups
- Provide education to help you live a healthy lifestyle and prevent problems
- Refer you to programs and specialists and coordinate services with other members of your care team, including pharmacists, immediate care providers, and others
How to Choose Your Doctor
The type of provider that’s right for you depends on your age, health needs, and other factors. Trust that you’ll find the best match at DOHC because of our wide range of diverse and skilled physicians accepting new patients. Search for a primary care doctor who matches your preferences for:
- Experience level and education
- Office location
- Special skills and certifications
Your Annual Wellness Exam
Schedule a checkup with your PCP once a year. Bring your medical insurance card and a list of the prescription and over-the-counter medications you take. Your provider will ask questions about your health and offer screenings tests and vaccines that are right for you based on your age, gender, and other factors.