If you’re a member of DOHC and you have Medicare Advantage you can benefit from our Wellness Clinic Services. A yearly visit that’s more thorough than a typical checkup. It helps you stay as healthy as possible and gives you and your primary care provider more information about your health.
You can make a Wellness Clinic appointment for yourself at any time, or your primary care provider can assist you. Transportation is available if needed.
Your Care Team
Build a relationship with an experienced team that advocates for your interests and helps you reach your wellness goals. You may get care from:
- Medical Assistant – Professional who provides clinical and administrative services
- Nurse Practitioner (NP) – Registered nurse with advanced training and education
- Physician Assistant (PA) – Certified, licensed provider who offers medical care under the guidance of a doctor
Trust your Wellness Clinic team to communicate with all your other DOHC providers, including your primary care provider, so you receive the most effective care for your needs.
Pre-Appointment Lab Tests
- When you schedule your Wellness Clinic visit, we will order the following lab work:
CBC panel - to check white and red blood cells
- CMP Test to check liver and kidney function
- Hemoglobin A1c - to check for diabetes
- Thyroid test
- Cholesterol test
- Urine test
- Vitamin D and B12 levels
Please have these tests completed prior to your wellness visit.
Orders for Screening Tests when needed
During your Wellness Clinic visit, we will provide you with orders to have the following screening tests if needed:
- Chest X-Ray
- Breast & Colon Cancer
- Bone Density
- Breathing Test
What to Expect at Your Appointment
Your appointment will last about one hour. During your visit, you’ll talk one-on-one with our knowledgeable staff. Count on us to listen, answer your questions, and recommend services that are right for you.
Your Physical, Mental, & Emotional Well-being
When you arrive, a member of your team will;
- Ask questions about your current health and if you’re experiencing any symptoms, such as balance problems
- Check your blood pressure, pulse, respiration rate, and temperature
- Do memory tests and dementia screening
- Measure your height and weight
- Screen for signs of depression and anxiety
- Perform a circulation test
- Look over any suspicious skin lesions
Enjoy the convenience of getting your flu shot during your Wellness Clinic visit, if you are due for one.
Test Results & Personalized Guidance
The second half of your appointment will be with an NP or PA. Your provider will:
- Explain your test results
- Give tips for preventing illnesses and injuries
- Talk about your health goals
Expect care and a conversation that’s personalized to you because we review your medical records and health history before your appointment.
Depend on your Wellness Clinic team to give your primary care provider a full report with the results of your visit.
Referrals for Programs, Services
Your Wellness Clinic team will connect you with programs and services to help you manage chronic conditions
Once you are a Wellness Clinic patient, expect a phone call from DOHC each year to schedule your annual visit – so you have more time to focus on friends, family, and enjoying life.