What’s a Commercial HMO?
A commercial HMO plan is an affordable health insurance option that may be:
- Available through your employer
- Purchased through an insurance agent and broker
- Purchased from the insurance carrier directly
Insurance premiums for a commercial HMO plan are usually low compared to a preferred provider organization (PPO) plan. In addition to low premiums, there are typically low or no deductibles with an HMO.
View a complete list of the insurance plans accepted by DOHC.
Why Choose DOHC
When you become a member of DOHC, you have access to:
- A local healthcare organization that has been in business since 1981
- Over 100 primary care doctors and 250 specialists available locally
- 4 Immediate Care Centers with same-day access when you need care urgently
- Health coaching about topics that are important to you
- Personalized care coordination when you need it
- 24/7 patient helpline
- Access to clinical pharmacists, dietitians, nurse educators, and social workers who work with your physician to help you be well, at no extra cost to you