How to Use the Portal
Find answers to common questions about the NextGen Patient Portal, a free and secure online tool to communicate with your Desert Oasis Healthcare (DOHC) providers.
When to Use the Portal
The patient portal should be used only for nonemergency situations. If you or someone else has life-threatening symptoms, call 911 or visit the nearest emergency room.
What Can I Use the Portal For?
Log in to your account to:
- Ask for a refill of your medication.
- Get answers to your questions through written messages.
- Show information (if you choose) to family members or caregivers.
- Receive appointment reminders, educational material, and the plan of care discussed during your office visit.
- Request medical records.
- Request your previous visit information to help remind you of any instructions you need to follow.
- View and print copies of your lab results.
Fix Errors in Your Medical Record
If you see something wrong in your health record, contact DOHC’s Health Information Management (HIM) Department at 760-320-8814 Ext. 1079.
When Can I See My Test Results?
Expect your test results in the patient portal after your doctor reviews them.
Safety & Security
View information about keeping your account secure.