Letter from Your DOHC COVID-19 Task Force
July 1, 2021
An Update from Desert Oasis HealthCare Taskforce:
Dear Desert Oasis Healthcare Member:
We are benefiting as a community from people successfully getting COVID vaccines. The rates of new positives are very low in the Coachella Valley and Riverside County. Area hospitals have had near zero COVID positive patients for 2 weeks. This is great news for all of us. If you are one of the many who have been fully vaccinated – THANK YOU.
Desert Oasis Healthcare needs your help to keep up this good work. We continue to provide COVID testing. It is important that if you or someone in your family or friends suspect they have symptoms, or may have been exposed to someone who has COVID, that they be tested. Early detection and treatment greatly reduces further spread.
To date, DOHC has provided 50,000 vaccines. Help us spread the word that free vaccines are available daily.
- People who are not DOHC members can access vaccine clinics at Palm Springs, Indio and Yucca Valley sites.
- Walk-in vaccines are available Monday – Friday, 9-4 for the Pfizer vaccine.
- If you or the person you are referring wants the Moderna, please visit MYDOHC.COM and select a day offering those vaccines or call 760-808-8400 for assistance.
- If you are assisting a person who is homebound who needs the vaccine, we will coordinate arrangements to bring the vaccine to the person. Please contact: 760-808-8400.
- Appointments can be scheduled (DOHC members and community residents) through the MYDOHC.com website.
- DOHC provides:
- Pfizer (2 shots, ages 12+)
- Moderna (2 shots, ages 18+)
If you or someone you know has questions about receiving the available vaccines, please contact us through the DOHC Vaccine Hotline: 760-808-8400.
Thank you for your continued efforts to care for your own, your family’s, and the community’s health!
This is how we end a pandemic!
Need Help or Have Questions? Call our DOHC Helpline: 760-969-6555.
Remember, should you have any questions, please contact DOHC or visit our website for information at MyDOHC.com.
Additional trusted resources: