New Letter from Your DOHC COVID-19 Task Force
Latest Update: November 19, 2021
The Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine has been approved for children aged 5-11 years old. Desert Oasis Healthcare is providing vaccines in all three of our COVID-19 Clinics for children aged 5-11 years old.
- Palm Springs
- Yucca Valley
Learn more about the COVID-19 vaccine for children or schedule an appointment below.
Previous Update: October 21, 2021
Starting Monday October 25th, DOHC will begin offering COVID-19 booster doses with mix and match options for all 3 brands at vaccine clinics in:
- Palm Springs
- Yucca Valley
MyTurn.CA.GOV will update with the ability to schedule a booster for Moderna and Janssen on 10/25/21 and will update for the ability to mix and match on 10/26/21.
We encourage YOU to schedule an appointment; however, walk-ins will still be allowed. Members of the community can also schedule a booster appointment or walk in.
- You must have started and completed the required series of COVID-19 vaccinations (2 Pfizer; 2 Moderna, 1 Janssen J&J) to be eligible to receive a booster dose. We remain committed to encouraging and providing the unvaccinated with an opportunity to start and complete their primary vaccine series.
- The guidance for the primary vaccine series has not changed, and while the data continues to grow for the age group of 5-11 year olds, we do not yet have the ability to vaccinate this population.
- If you have not already received your 2021 flu shot, you can schedule and receive your flu shot at the same time.
Guidance for Mixing and Matching Boosters:
- The same brand used for the primary vaccine series should be used for the booster
- If the same brand is not available or another brand is preferred , boosting is allowed with another authorized COVID-19 vaccine brand
- Mixing of brands is only allowed for booster doses not the primary vaccine series
- All doses of the primary series and additional doses (if indicated for moderately to severely immunocompromised people) should use the same brand
- The time between primary series completion and the booster dose is determined by the brand used for the primary series (please see the below grid)
- Those who received a single dose of Janssen can receive either another dose of Janssen or the appropriate booster dose of Moderna or Pfizer 2 months after series completion
- Those who received a complete series of Moderna or Pfizer can received the appropriate booster dose of Moderna, Pfizer, or Janssen 6 months after series completion
- An individual risk-benefit decision with the help of a clinician may help determine the brand to use
- Brand availability
- Risk of vaccine brand based upon rare events
If you or someone you know has questions about receiving the available vaccines, please contact us through the DOHC Vaccine Hotline: 760-808-8400.
Thank you for your continued efforts to care for your own, your family’s, and the community’s health!
This is how we end a pandemic!
Need Help or Have Questions? Call our DOHC Helpline: 760-969-6555.
Remember, should you have any questions, please contact DOHC or visit our website for information at MyDOHC.com.
Previous COVID-19 Task Force Letters:
Additional trusted resources: