Schedule Your COVID-19 Vaccine or Booster
Thank you for choosing DOHC for your vaccination site. Effective immediately, anyone over the age of 12 can receive a COVID-19 Pfizer vaccine in our Palm Springs, Indio, and Yucca Valley locations. You do not need to be a member with DOHC to schedule. There is no cost for the vaccination. Anyone under the age of 17 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Please only schedule one appointment per person. You will be prompted to schedule your 1st and 2nd dose appointments below. We currently have the Pfizer and Moderna COVID-19 Vaccines available.
If you have received your first dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine at another location, please make every attempt to receive your second dose at the same location. If it has been 38 days since your first dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, please call (760) 808-8400 (Palm Springs) or (760) 808-8440 (Indio) to schedule.
2nd Booster Available 50+
An additional 2nd COVID booster shot for anyone over the age of 50 has been approved and available through DOHC vaccine clinics effective March 30.
The booster is recommended at least 4 months following the1st booster. People who are immunocompromised are eligible for an additional dose of either Pfizer or Moderna 28 days after their 2nd Pfizer/Moderna dose or after their 1st Johnson and Johnson dose, and approved for a 1st booster 3 months after that additional dose. Now, those same immunocompromised people can receive a 2nd booster 4 months after the 1st booster, and should be encouraged to get this completed.
Additionally, immunocompromised patients are likely eligible for Evusheld treatment, which adds extra protection. If immunocompromised patient have questions about the need for or eligibility for Evusheld treatment they should be directed to call the Helpline and one of the PHARxM team will assist them.
DOHC is prepared to accommodate this new opportunity to protect vulnerable individuals in our community based on waning immunity and the emergence of a new Omicron sub-variant. The vaccines are safe and have been shown to dramatically protect our family and friends from hospitalization and even death caused by COVID-19. Please advise patients and community members to schedule an appointment, walk-in, or call DOHC to see if they are eligible at 760-969-6555.
A new useful tool is available on the CDC.Gov site to find testing, vaccination and treatment options by county. Please suggest to patients to use this site to stay up-to-date on the most current resources.
Boosters: Will a 4th shot soon be necessary?
Latest Update: Pfizer Vaccine for Children Aged 5-11
The Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine has been approved for children aged 5-11 years old. Desert Oasis Healthcare is providing vaccines in all three of our COVID-19 Clinics for children aged 5-11 years old. Select the Schedule Now button above to make an appointment. Walk-ins are also available at all locations. See attached flyer for more information.
Learn more about the COVID-19 vaccine for children here.
FDA Vaccine Info
Letter from the Desert Oasis COVID-19 Task Force: BOOSTERS 10/21/2021
Starting Monday October 25th, DOHC will begin offering COVID-19 booster doses with mix and match options for all 3 brands at vaccine clinics in:
- Palm Springs
- Yucca Valley
MyTurn.CA.GOV will update with the ability to schedule a booster for Moderna and Janssen on 10/25/21 and will update for the ability to mix and match on 10/26/21.
We encourage YOU to schedule an appointment; however, walk-ins will still be allowed. Members of the community can also schedule a booster appointment or walk in.
- You must have started and completed the required series of COVID-19 vaccinations (2 Pfizer; 2 Moderna, 1 Janssen J&J) to be eligible to receive a booster dose. We remain committed to encouraging and providing the unvaccinated with an opportunity to start and complete their primary vaccine series.
- The guidance for the primary vaccine series has not changed, and while the data continues to grow for the age group of 5-11 year olds, we do not yet have the ability to vaccinate this population.
- If you have not already received your 2021 flu shot, you can schedule and receive your flu shot at the same time.
Guidance for Mixing and Matching Boosters:
- The same brand used for the primary vaccine series should be used for the booster
- If the same brand is not available or another brand is preferred , boosting is allowed with another authorized COVID-19 vaccine brand
- Mixing of brands is only allowed for booster doses not the primary vaccine series
- All doses of the primary series and additional doses (if indicated for moderately to severely immunocompromised people) should use the same brand
- The time between primary series completion and the booster dose is determined by the brand used for the primary series (please see the below grid)
- Those who received a single dose of Janssen can receive either another dose of Janssen or the appropriate booster dose of Moderna or Pfizer 2 months after series completion
- Those who received a complete series of Moderna or Pfizer can received the appropriate booster dose of Moderna, Pfizer, or Janssen 6 months after series completion
- An individual risk-benefit decision with the help of a clinician may help determine the brand to use
- Brand availability
- Risk of vaccine brand based upon rare events
If you or someone you know has questions about receiving the available vaccines, please contact us through the DOHC Vaccine Hotline: 760-808-8400.
Thank you for your continued efforts to care for your own, your family’s, and the community’s health!
This is how we end a pandemic!
Need Help or Have Questions? Call our DOHC Helpline: 760-969-6555.
Remember, should you have any questions, please contact DOHC or visit our website for information at MyDOHC.com.
Read past letters from DOHC COVID-19 Task Force
CDC Booster Info